Using a Buyer’s Agent in aircraft purchasing is a fairly recent development. Cody Welch pioneered this practice in Michigan in the 1980’s and the process includes the following information:
- Aircraft Needs Analysis
Rates various aircraft according to your specific needs & desires
Establishes values for every aspect of the aircraft purchase
- Rating Points Analyses
- Specifications & Value Matrix
Establishes Fair Market Value for aircraft of choice
- An initial meeting is scheduled to present our acquisition service and to determine the client requirements.
- We appraise the worldwide market for a given make and model of aircraft using our exclusive EXCEL baseline analysis to establish a value which accounts for the uniqueness of each aircraft.
- The top five (5) aircraft candidates are presented to the client, we prioritize the offer and oversee the actual offer process.
- We provide supervision of the pre-purchase inspection, logbook analysis, contracts, facilitate the closing arrangements and assist with the operation set up. While our firm cannot and should not render an opinion as to the airworthiness or serviceability of an aircraft, our technical expertise in supervising third party pre-purchase inspections gives our client the optimum oversight without having to be with a prospective airplane for days away from the office.
- Training & Check Outs are provided on an as needed basis.
The acquisition service is always a flat fee based on the size and complexity of the aircraft. We are NOT paid by the seller; we work ONLY for the Buyer. The use of a sophisticated buyer’s agent levels the playing field for an aircraft shopper.
Armed with the appraisal of every aircraft currently on the market, a buyer can make a well informed decision. In many cases our clients know a given market BETTER than the sellers. This is a powerful advantage and allows the client to achieve the best value in the marketplace.